Thursday, November 5, 2015

Autumn Essentials-Curvy Edition



Being curvy isn't just about wearing above a size 6, there's a lot more to properly dressing for your body type.

From working in the retail world for so long, this is something I became completely passionate about.

Don't be afraid to pick up a smaller or larger size than what you are used to. The size of the garment is only there to give you an IDEA of how large the garment is. Basically, the tag is telling you that if you're a size 16, don't pick up a size 2.

There's a range of sizes that you should feel comfortable grabbing to try on. Usually, if it is difficult to figure out the sizing just by looking at it, I try on a size smaller and a size larger than what I'm used to.

I currently wear a pant size of a US 14 (XL) and shirt size of a US 10 (M), so obviously, I am "bottom heavy."  

This means, what my autumn essentials are, as a curvier female, are not going to be the same as someone that is more "top heavy."

Options for both body types are going to be listed for both.

High Waist Denim-
Say "hi" to your new best friend, high waist denim is your go-to pant for any occasion. You can dress them up with some pumps or flats and a blazer or keep them casual with some boots and a leather jacket. Mid-wash to dark-wash denim is key for autumn. High waist denim gives the illusion of a longer leg while sucking in your mid-section, making your hips and waist look smaller. Can it get any better than that?

Black Turtle Neck-
This is an effortless garment; you can also dress up a turtle neck with a statement necklace or just keep casual with your favorite pair of flats. The thing with some turtle necks, they can become see-through in the bust area, no matter how busty you may or may not be. Make sure the fabric of the turtleneck is on the thicker side.

Infinity Scarf-
For gals that are more "pear shaped," an infinity scarf can help give you a balance between your chest and hips.

For gals that are more "apple shaped," a short, less bulky infinity scarf is perfect for this body type. As well as a longer neckline and a longer necklace can help give an illusion on a slimmer bust.


Combat Boots-
These boots are my favorite everyday boot; they are very versatile and can work with most of my outfits. Shorter and "pear shaped" (me) should stay closer to a shorter combat boot to give an illusion of slimmer hips and a longer leg. Taller curvy girls can wear a taller boot to accent their height.

Flannel shirt-
This is a must have for every season for me, especially in autumn. Pretty sure, I own over twelve different flannels. My favorite ones are actually sold in the men's department, so comfortable!

Unfortunely, I can't seem to find a long flannel that will work with my proportions so I wear shorter ones. For ladies that are shaped like myself we can wear flannels open with a skin tight garment underneath or buttoned up. Bustier females have an issue when the buttons don't seem to close all the way on the bust line and fit perfect on the waist. I have to yet to find a perfect fitted flannel for that particular body type (if you find one, please let me know!) To fix that issue, I usually tell the person to wear it open with a skin tight garment underneath.

Leather Jacket-
Last but not least, is the leather jacket; perfect for autumn. My favorite is the cropped leather jacket that land right on my hip bones because I'm on the shorter side, to be honest. I tend to stick to the classic black and taupe color ones. 

For any questions or want to share your outfit of the day (OOTD,) tweet me: @WanderingCurves 

Talk to you soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment